Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Warbler Guy: "Is your Warbler Watch different than Cornell's?"


(Thanks for the question, Sharon D. in Mequon, WI.)

Cornell Lab of Ornithology's "Warbler Watch" monitoring project is admirable and deserves kudos.

Visit:

http://www.birdsource.org/warblers/IDguide.html

Here, you'll see an interactive sight at which you can navigate to learn about and view most New World wood-warblers (Parulidae family members).

That written, Cornell's effort postdates my WarblerWatch blog site here -- and my focus is on answering your questions about wood-warblers and/or highlighting them with essays/articles and photos.

Ultimately, both Warbler Watch efforts attempt to educate people about the beauty and importance
of wood-warblers -- and saving their populations (including the federally endangered Kirtland's Warbler, a male of which is shown in the nearby photograph).

What could be more important conservation efforts?

Thus, I applaud Cornell's Lab of Ornithology staff -- and keep up the good work.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like both Warbler Watch sites; thanks.

Joey C.
Durham, NC

Anonymous said...

I like yours better than Cornell's.

Audrey S.
Indy, IN

Anonymous said...

Are any wood-warblers around in the winter?

I'm in Minnesota.

Herb C.

Anonymous said...

Where do I go to see Kirtland's? Is it only nesting in MI?

Jeremy S.