Thursday, November 7, 2013

Warbler Guy, I know you're into the little birds, but you seem to live near recent Blue-Footed Booby observations in Marin County, correct? Have you seen the booby at Gull Rock like I read about on Rare Bird Alerts?

Yes, Germaine (in Seattle): I have led some bird tours there recently and, indeed, here's a photo from Isaac Sanchez on 11/5/13 when I served as his guide for the day.

Every time I've been to Gull Rock, one or two immature/sub-adult Blue-footed have been present FAR AWAY.

Thus, this photo is obviously a booby, but it's from at least .5 mile away.

Hope this helps you. Regards, Daniel

danieledelstein@att.net
415-382-1827 (O)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's about as close as I'll get to a bf booby...

Anonymous said...

Isacc's photos is pritttty good...