Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Warbler Guy, where can I find Rare Bird Alert posts throughout the USA? Are warblers on Rare Bird Alert posts?

Candi (in Phoenix):

I recommend you peruse http://birdingonthe.net/hotmail.html

Here, by region, you can choose which Rare Bird Alert to read.

For example, where I live in the West, it's exciting to note that a non-warbler -- a Bar-tailed
Godwit -- has recently captivated sleuthing birders visiting Bolinas Lagoon (near Stinson Beach in
West Marin County, CA).

For this sighting, I'm consulting sialia.com and, then, investigating the North Bay Birds listserv.

My photo of this rare shorebird to n. CA is shown at my Facebook post at:
https://www.facebook.com/DCXusa



Initial migrating warblers are noted on several CA listservs today, including migrating Yellow Warbler spotted for the first time in Marin County, CA where I live. A Townsend's Warbler
also seen today in Marin County may possibly stay for the winter/non-breeding season, but it's more likely to continue migrating south (Our area's longer-lingering and overwintering Townsend's Warbler more typically arrive by September and October, with the initial ones seen now more likely transients for Marin County.)


No comments: